Accounting and Financial Management
Mr Alan Graham
- Qualifications: MA Engineering Science, Wadham College, Oxford University (1982-85) ACA Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (1989) FCA Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (1999) PGCE Post-compulsory Education, University of Portsmouth (2005) CFE Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (2010) FHEA, Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (2014)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 92 844795
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Accounting & Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Before gaining a teaching qualification and becoming an academic, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Touche Ross (now Deloitte) in London, working in the areas of audit, tax and management consulting. I then spent 15 years working in Financial Controller and Chief Accountant positions in the electronics and heavy manufacturing sectors in Hampshire and the Thames Valley. During this time I also performed due diligence roles in a number of company acquisitions and took a lead role in accounting systems development projects.
I lecture in the areas of:
- financial accounting and reporting
- fraud and forensic analysis
- personal finance
My research interests focus on pedagogical issues surrounding the teaching of writing skills and also ethics teaching for accountants. I am also interested in the role of the financial controller in business organisations and in the area of football finance.