Accounting and Financial Management
Mrs Christina Philippou
- Qualifications: BSc Economics, University of Warwick (2000-03); MSc Economics, University of Nottingham 2003-04); FCA, ICAEW.
- Role Title: Director of Postgraduate Curriculum, Accounting and Financial Management
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844836
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting and Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with PKF (now BDO), undertaking audits across a variety of business sectors, preparing financial statements, performing due diligence work and providing business services to SMEs. I then spent 8 years working as a forensic accountant for Deloitte in London, including disputes and expert witness work; fraud, insider trading, bribery and corruption investigations; regulatory and US sanctions compliance work; and AML, compliance, and fraud risk reviews. I have also been a member of accounting training teams, including acting as a financial expert for advocacy training for the Inner Temple.
I teach Corporate Governance, Financial Crime, Ethics and Controls; Financial Forensics and Investigations; and Expert Witnessing and Dispute Resolution.
I am also the Employability and Enterprise lead for the Accounting and Financial Management subject group, the Admissions Officer for MSc Forensic Accounting, and a fellow of the HEA."
My research interests are in the areas of forensic accounting, anti-corruption, and corporate governance in sport.