Accounting and Financial Management
Ms Annette Gillies
- Qualifications: ATT PgC LTHE, MBA, MSc, ACMA.
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 92 844239
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting & Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Before becoming a Lecturer I trained as an Accountant in industry with companies such as Marconi, British Telecom and IBM. I am an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
I am an active researcher in the field of finance. I am particularly interested in financial risk.
My teaching is mainly concentrated in the area of Finance, teaching second and final year undergraduate Accounting and Finance students. I also teach research methods as part of the Independent study project for accounting students. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
My main research interests are in the area of finance. My current focus is on CEO's propensity for financial risk and how that manifests itself in the running of the company.