Accounting and Financial Management
Dr Shaling Li
- Qualifications: BSc in Accounting and Management (SCUN, China) MSc in Accounting and Financial Management (Lancaster, UK) PhD in Accounting (Lancaster, UK)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 9284 4295
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting & Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am senior lecturer in accounting at Portsmouth business school. Before joined in Portsmouth University, I did my Msc degree and PhD in Accounting in Lancaster University.
I teach financial accounting and supervise final-year independent projects. I currently co-ordinate Essentials of Financial Accounting, the first year unit for accredited accounting pathways. I also supervise final-year dissertation students.
My research interests mainly lay in financial reporting, particularly earnings quality, audit quality and goodwill and intangibles.
S. Li, W. Beekes, K.Peasnell, (2012), ‘Does auditor quality influence earnings conservatism’, working paper, University of Portsmouth.
S. Li, W. Beekes, K.Peasnell, (2009), ‘Litigation Risk and Auditor Conservatism: A UK-US Comparison’, working paper, Lancaster University.