Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre
ASDAC can provide advice and discuss support for any University of Portsmouth student or applicant who discloses a disability or additional learning need
Our service is committed to supporting students who disclose a disability or require additional support for their academic studies. We encourage any student to contact us, in confidence, who has a condition which may impact on their ability to access the campus, curriculum, teaching, learning, assessments and any other student-focused service.
The team are here to help students to get the most out of their time at University and to offer support and guidance through the whole process.
Support and guidance services ASDAC offer
- Confidential advice from disability professionals for all students UK, EU and International.
- Advice on funding to cover disability-related support costs, this may include the Disabled Students’ Allowance but we have access to additional funding mechanisms
- Discussion and agreement on reasonable adjustments
- Liaison with other University services and facilities eg. Library.
- Sign posting for note-taking, mentoring and other academic support services
- Specialist study skills tuition and Assistive Technology training
- Screening for Specific Learning Difficulties such as Dyslexia.
- Liaison with external services eg. Autism Hampshire, Clear Links