Support for small and medium businesses (SMEs).
The University's Business Enterprise Centre brings together our services for business. It's a one stop shop, giving easy access to expertise from across the University.
Small and medium size enterprises are at the heart of the UK economy. Fulfil your strategic ambitions with our support to develop and grow your business.
We are equally committed to helping entrepreneurs, innovators, investors and inventors start and develop ideas into successful businesses. Our Innovation Space and Cell Block Studios provides office space and start-up communities with expert support and learning oppurtunities on hand.
We support small businesses through:
- Network and share ideas while keeping informed on new business opportunities and latest thinking with our Hot Topic seminars and events, designed for leaders and managers of companies in the local community delivered by respected business leaders and academics.
- We can help you apply the latest knowledge and expertise to develop new products or services, strategies or systems through schemes such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) to help your business innovate and grow.
- Take advantage of fresh perspectives on your business issue by engaging a team of final year business students to work for free on a short-term project; contact us for further information.
- Recruit our talented and enthusiastic students or graduates for year-long placements, short term internships, part time work or graduate jobs.
- Develop your boardroom talent through our short course- the Value Added Board - for senior managers and directors.
- We support and facilitate Business Communities that help shape the region's economic priorities and growth both geographically and by sector - contact us for further details or to join.
- Join our start-up communities with incubation space for small businesses at our Innovation Space and Cell Block Studios
- Take advantage of our free business clinics, seminars and advice, view Eventbrite for dates
- Join our regular networking opportunities for start-up and growth businesses
- Access to funding for early stage triage and business review
- Meet other start-up business people and get advice from support services in the local area at the yearly Start-up Portsmouth Summit
Female Entrepreneurs can receive additional training and mentoring through the Accelerating Women's Enterprise (AWE) programme.