Centre for European and International Studies Research
Mr Aram Ghaemmaghami
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Geography (University of Portsmouth), MA European Studies and International Relations (University of Portsmouth).
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I am currently working on a University of Portsmouth funded PhD project that focuses on contemporary counter-terrorism practice within the UK. The study is designed to map the PREVENT statutory duty at the national level, and to uncover how this is implemented at the local authority level by engaging with state actors, local government and relevant civil society organisations and groups.
My wider research interests include: community resilience, community policing, communities 'at risk', race politics, race relations, policy making, experts and expertise, local government, education and contemporary counter-terrorism.