Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Imene Medfouni
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Imene Medfouni is a PhD candidate at the School of Languages and Area Studies, University of Portsmouth, UK. She holds BA in Linguistics and MA in Applied Linguistics and TEFL teaching English as a foreign language from the University of Larbi Ben M'hidi at Oum El Bouaghi, Algeria. Her PhD research project focuses on English as a medium of instruction EMI in Algerian higher education. She is particularly interested in exploring language policy, practices and attitudes towards the implementation of English as a medium of instruction EMI in Algerian linguistic settings (Francophone, Arabophone and Berbophone). She is also interested on the debates around the contested notion of EMI in higher education within different contexts such as postcolonial versus non-postcolonial settings, British versus non-British colonies.
- English as a medium of instruction EMI, medium of instruction MOI, multilingual/bilingual education, and postcolonial contexts.
- Current research projects
- English as a Medium of Instruction in Algerian higher education: policy, practices and attitudes.
- Languages Across Borders
- Francophone Africa