Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Kelsey Suggitt
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Combined Modern Languages, MA Francophone Africa (University of Portsmouth)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Kelsey Suggitt has a BA (Hons) Combined Modern Languages and an MA Francophone Africa from University of Portsmouth. From October 2013 to July 2014 she worked in communications at the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in Cameroon. Kelsey started her PhD with CEISR on the end of French colonial rule in the Sahara in October 2014.
Her research explores the importance of land under French colonial rule, with special attention to the Sahara and the case of the Organisation Commune des Régions Sahariennes (OCRS). Other research interests include contemporary France and Francophone Africa, French history and empire, decolonisation and postcolonial studies.
- Centre for European and International Studies Research