Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Mary Watkins
- Qualifications: MA / BSc Social Science with Media and Cultural Studies (Christ Church University College Canterbury), MSc Social Research Methods (University of Portsmouth)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 8533
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Mary’s research area is masculinity and consumer culture in the UK. She has particular interest in men’s identity and their increased use of grooming products. Mary has conducted several small scale research projects for her PhD which have focussed on men’s response to grooming product advertisements.
Mary has made contributions to the Veganism: Ethics and Lifestyle project undertaken in SSHLS and the Criminal Justice Clinic run jointly by the ICJS and Law School.
Mary is also an Online Course Developer for the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Mary has contributed to units on gender and education and social and media representations of gender delivered in SECS. She has also been a seminar tutor on level four SSHLS units.