Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Tiraporn Jaroensak
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Tiraporn Jaroensak is a PhD candidate at the School of Languages and Area Studies, University of Portsmouth. She holds BEd (English Major) from Chulalongkorn University and MA in English for Careers from Thammasart University.
She was an English-language lecturer at Prince of Songkla University, in Thailand for five years before doing her PhD.
She has investigated spoken interactions in English as a lingua franca (ELF) between local Thais and foreign tourists during brief communicative encounters. Her research explores the process of negotiating meaning and achieving shared understanding in tourism ELF. Special emphasis is paid on the pragmatic strategies employed by ELF speakers in their efforts towards successful exchanges of meanings.
- English as a Lingua Franca (ELF)
- ELF and Pedagogy Conversation Analysis