Centre for European and International Studies Research
Mr Mike Mannin
- Qualifications: Cert Ed Further/Higher, BSc Econ Government (London), MA Comparative Politics (Kent)
- Role Title: Jean Monnet Chair in European Politics
- Address: Milldam, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth PO1 3AS
- Telephone: 023 9284 2199
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
A particular interest in EU politics that has developed from earlier teaching, research and publications in Italian, French and British politics. This has culminated in my current investigation of the notion of Europeanisation and domestic politics.
My current research interests are in the fields of Europeanisation theory and British - EU relations. I have taught and researched in Comparative and Italian politics and EU Regional Policy and the Economic and Monetary Union. I was previously at Liverpool John Moores University School of Politics as Director of the European Studies program and was Visiting Fellow at the Centre of European Studies NYU, and the Universite de Lyon, Lumiere 2. I am currently the Chair of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence for the Study of Transnational Europe here at Portsmouth. My most recent publication (2013) is the edited volume The Europeanisation of European Politics (with C Bretherton).
- European Union Studies
Current Research Projects
- The Europeanisation of Eastern Europe (with P. Flenley)