Centre of Forensic Interviewing
Conference 2019: Vulnerability, Justice and Communication
A conference hosted by the Centre of Forensic Interviewing (Professor Becky Milne). Field leaders including researchers and practitioners join together to discuss evidence-based approaches regarding current topics surrounding the communication process and vulnerability.
Thursday 16th and Friday 17th May 2019
- Defining Vulnerability
- Critical Incidents
- Special Measures
The conference is aimed at looking at the best ways to communicate with those deemed vulnerable across the criminal justice sector and identify best practice.
- Professor Penny Cooper (Institute for Criminal Policy Research, Birkbeck, University of London and 39 Essex Chambers, London) chairing a session on Defining Vulnerability
- Dr Michelle Mattison (University of Chester) chairing a session on Assessment and Communication
- Dr Kevin Smith (National Vulnerable Witness Advisor NCA) chairing a session on Managing Trauma
- Mr Piers Von Berg (University of Plymouth) chairing a session on Safeguarding and Suspects
- Professor Graham Davies (University of Leicester) presenting a Keynote paper on Vulnerable witnesses in court: Past, present and uncertain future
- Dr Patrick Tidmarsh (Sexual Offence and Child Abuse Team, Family Violence Command, Victoria Police, Australia) The ‘Whole Story’ approach to investigating sexual crime
Book your place
For further information, please contact Sarah Bayliss (firstname.lastname@example.org)