Centre of Forensic Interviewing
Ms Jenny Weaver
- Qualifications: FdA police studies, BSc (hons) Crime and Criminology, MSc Criminology and Criminal Psychology
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: St George's Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 30 Year experienced Police officer who has worked in a variety of roles both in uniform and as a detective (20 years as a front line detective).
- Awarded multiple Police commendations for bravery and excellence and Judges’ Commendations relating to court cases.
- Trainer in both CID and uniform officers in interviewing and dealing with sex offenders
- Trainer in Police pre join qualification
- Lectured on the subject of grooming and sex offenders at Ravenswood Hospital
- Specialist in suspect, child and vulnerable witness interviewing
- Mentor, with expertise in professional development and coaching, has supervised and advised junior detectives and uniformed officers of all ranks.
- Served as a Tutor Constable throughout career.
- Expert on grading child abuse images and films
- Over 25 years experience in interviewing both victims and offenders of sexual assault and rape.
- Completed and passed Sexual Offences Interview Team (SOIT) education in 2004.
- Completed and passed Tier One & Tier Two Investigative Interviewing courses (covering both witness and suspect interviewing.
- FDA Degree in Police Studies
- BSc(Hons.) Crime and Criminal 2012
- Msc Criminology and Criminal Psychology
- Given Evidence in Crown Court numerous times as witness and OIC (Officer in case).
I am the unit coordinator for the Police, Law and Community course, and am also a tutor for seminars on key skills issues, Introduction to Criminal Justice and Introduction to Criminology.
I have research interests in interviewing and sexual offenders, and I am doing a PhD on the subject of why certain police officers choose to deal with sex offenders.