The Dental Academy rarely recruits new adult patients. If you're seeking an NHS dentist please check the NHS website for patient recruitment updates.
The Dental Academy accepts children under the age of 16 at all times. If you are a parent or guardian and wish to make an appointment for your child please call 023 92 845285.
The Dental Academy provides high quality dental care to patients delivered by our students. All student treatments are supervised to a high standard and are free. We are looking for patients who our student teams can treat as part of their training.
What treatments do students offer?
Teams of student dentists, dental therapists/hygienists and dental nurses offer the full range of NHS treatment including:
- Oral Health Promotion
- Fillings and Preventative Treatment
- Gum Treatment
- Crowns and Bridgework
- Root Canal Fillings
Is treatment by a student different?
Students work slowly so your appointment will take longer and you will need to attend several appointments. However, all students’ work is checked at relevant stages by qualified dental professionals so you can be sure you are receiving a good standard of care.
Could I have treatment at the Dental Academy?
The Dental Academy will benefit those who are happy to be treated by student teams in a supervised modern clinical setting and who
- do not currently have a dentist
- are available during the day and sometimes for long appointments (typically 1.5 hours)
- are able to come to multiple appointments
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
We are continually trying to improve the services we provide to patients. To help us facilitate this we ask our patients for their views and opinions via our patient satisfaction survey. Patients are encouraged to complete a survey at the end of each course of treatment. Reports, which include patient’s comments as well as a graphical representation of their satisfaction ratings, are produced on a quarterly basis. These are shared with all staff, students and NHS England. Patients and members of the public can view the reports on our website and displayed in our waiting area.
- Patient Satisfaction Survey April 2018 – Sept 2018: Patient Satisfaction Survey April 2018 – Sept 2018
- Patient Satisfaction Survey UPDA April – Sept 2018: Patient Satisfaction Survey UPDA April – Sept 2018
- Patient Satisfaction Survey October 2017 – March 2018: Patient Satisfaction Survey Graphs Oct 2017 - Mar 2018
- Patient Survey Comments October 2017 – March 2018: Comments Patient Survey Oct 2017 - March 2018
- Patient Satisfaction Survey UPDA April – September 2017 (.pdf): Comments Patient Survey Apr - Sept 2017
- Patient Satisfaction Survey Graphs April 2017 – September 2017 (.pdf): Patient Satisfaction Survey Graphs April 2017 - Sept 2017
Dental Services Privacy Notice
The Dental Academy is committed to using your personal data responsibly. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal data the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with and your rights and freedoms under the Law.