- Qualifications: B.Ch.d (Hons) M.Sc. Dental Public Health, P.G.Cert. Medical Education.
- Role Title: Dentist/Clinical Teaching Fellow
- Address: Dental Academy William Beatty Bldg Hampshire Terrace Portsmouth PO1 2QG
- Telephone: 023 92 845290
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Dental Academy
- Faculty: Science
UK Dental Graduate (1991) experience in both NHS and Private Dental Practice in the UK and overseas.
My areas of interest lie in preventive and restorative dentistry and Dental Public Health
I am currently practicing and teaching dentistry at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy. I held the position of clinical lead for the William Beatty Dental Service and subsequently was appointed as a lecturer and clinical supervisor on the B.Sc Honours Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy Programme.
I am currently responsible for management of the Clinical Practice Unit and the Researching Professional Units of study. I am also involved in teaching on the Pre Clinical Practice Unit in the simulated practice environment, Clinical Practice in the Wider Community and Dental Radiography and Dental Imaging Units.
Additional roles at the Academy include:
- Undergraduate Dissertation Supervisor.
- Practice Team Lead.
- UPDA Research Ethics Panel Member.
- Patient Management system administrator.
- Personal Tutor Role
I am interested in Dental Public Health, Commissioning of Dental Services and Clinical Governance.
Unit Co-Ordinator for:
- Clinical Practice P 21743
- Researching Professional P21747
Teaching responsibilities for:
- Pre Clinical Practice
- Dental Radiography and Dental Imaging
- Clinical Practice in the Wider Community
Personal Tutor Role
Practice Team Lead
UPDA Research Ethics Committee Panel member