Department of Geography
Dr Malcolm Bray
- Role Title: Visiting Research Fellow
- Address: Buckingham Building Lion Terrace Portsmouth PO1 3HE
- Telephone: 023 92 842481
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Geography
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I graduated from the University of Sheffield with a BSc in Environmental Science and worked in nature conservation and ecological survey prior becoming a research student at the London School of Economics (LSE). I joined the Department of Geography at Portsmouth in 1990 as a research associate and worked on a series of coastal projects funded by Government Departments, Agencies and Local Authorities, becoming a research fellow in 1996 and senior research fellow in 2001. I was awarded a PhD from LSE in 1996, which involved application of a sediment budget approach to study the evolution of the West Dorset coast including Chesil Beach. In 2004, I was appointed Senior Lecturer.
Interests involve coastal geomorphology and its applications that can be sub-divided into three main areas as follows:
- Development, synthesis and application of sediment budget approaches in coastal geomorphology;
- Application of geomorphological approaches for shoreline management;
- Morphodynamics of gravel beaches and barriers on exposed shorelines.