School of Mathematics and Physics
Dr Banafsheh Khosravi
- Qualifications: BSc MSc FHEA PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Lion Gate Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HF UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 6373
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Department of Mathematics
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
Dr Banafsheh Khosravi is a Senior Lecturer in Operational Research and a member of the Logistics, Operational Research and Analytics Research Group (LORA) in the Department of Mathematics, and a member of the Centre for Operational Research and Logistics (CORL) at the University of Portsmouth.
She did her PhD in Management Science - Operational Research at the University of Southampton following her MSc and BSc degrees in Industrial Engineering. Before joining University of Portsmouth, she worked as a researcher and part-time lecturer in the Centre for Operational Research, Management Sciences and Information Systems (CORMSIS) at the University of Southampton, and as a research associate in the Health and Social Care Modelling Group (HSCMG) at the University of Westminster.
She is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and has experience of teaching across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at different universities in the UK and abroad. She teaches Operational Research (BSc), Modern Computational Methods for Operational Research and Logistics (BSc) and Supply Chain Management (MSc) units at the University of Portsmouth.
Her main research interests are in the areas of mathematical modelling, combinatorial optimisation, heuristics and metaheuristics, scheduling, routing, and their applications in transportation and healthcare. She has supervised several BSc, MSc and PhD academic projects and has undertaken research on several industrial projects funded by EPSRC, ESA, NHS, RSSB and Arriva. She is a member of The Operational Research Society (The OR Society) and International Association of Railway Operations Research (IAROR).
- Unit Lecturer, Operational Research (M251)
- Unit Coordinator and Lecturer, Modern Computational Methods for Operational Research and Logistics (M353)
- Unit Coordinator and Lecturer, Supply Chain Management (M451)
- Unit Coordinator, Masters Logistics Project (M450)