Corporate Governance

Current student at the University of Portsmouth

You may use the Office of the Director of Corporate Governance if you are registered with this University as either an undergraduate or postgraduate student, you are studying part- or full-time, on campus or by distance learning methods.  The procedure is open to all home, EU or International students either registered with the University of Portsmouth, or those who have left the University within the last three months, where the event complained about happened during those last three months.

If your complaint relates to your accommodation in University Halls of Residence, you should first report any problems to Hall reception staff as set out in the Halls of Residence Handbook. You should follow the Halls complaints procedure as set out in the Handbook before using the Student Complaints procedure.

If you were a student at the University but you left more than three months ago, please click here for more information.

If you are a student at a Collaborative Partner institution, please click here for more information.

There are a few points to note when making a complaint and you may find it helpful to consult the Frequently Asked Questions prior to raising your concerns.

If you have tried to resolve your concerns informally and you are unhappy with the proposed remedy, you have the right to make a formal complaint. The process for making a formal complaint is set out in the Student complaint procedure.

You should submit your written formal complaint to the Complaints team either by post to Complaints team, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2UP, or  by email to or by completing the online student complaints form.