Personal Effects

Are my personal effects insured by the University?

No - In line with general practice in the HE sector, the University does not insure the personal property of staff. The University is aware that staff can accumulate substantial quantities of books and other personally owned resources on University premises. If such materials become lost or damaged through any cause, the cost of repair or replacement will fall on the individual owner. For this reason it is recommended that staff continuously review the amount of personally owned material kept on University premises to ensure that it is kept within reasonable limits. Staff should ensure that any material they would seek to replace if it were lost or damaged is insured under their own personal domestic insurance arrangements.