Am I insured by the University for my trip?

STAFF & RESEARCH       -       Please follow the link to the Overseas Travel web-site for details of the procedure for Staff ┬átravelling overseas on University business   including online Travel Overseas Form, emergency contact details and summary of cover.

STUDENTS ON EXCHANGE OR PLACEMENT    -   should be directed to the study abroad web-site and asked to complete the Permission to Travel Form.  This page includes details of the University Insurance arrangements including emergency contact details and summary of cover.

Students on Fieldwork - The fieldwork organiser is responsible for providing all fieldwork participants with details of the University Insurance arrangements.

How can I get an insurance letter for my visa application?

Please contact the University Insurance Officer who will be able to issue this.  You will need to provide the following details as stated in your passport:  Your Name, Your Passport No , or ID number.  You will also need to provide destination, departure and return dates. 

 How do I make a claim?

It is essential that the insurer Emergency Helpline  is called immediately in the event of a medical or non-medical emergency.  Failure to do this could invalidate your insurance.

 Upon return to the UK please complete and return the relevant claim form (using the link below) with supporting documentation to the University Insurance Officer.  Scanned copies are acceptable.

If you claim relates to loss of personal effects/money please call our Insurers (AIG) directly on 0207 359 3433, quoting policy number 0015865120 (University of Portsmouth).  They will usually settle your claim over the telephone.

Medical Expenses Claim Form

Cancellation Claim Form

Presentation from Shoreham Visit


Travel Overseas - Slide show [Powerpoint Show PPS (.pps) - 1347 Kb Mon, 06 Mar 2017 09:02:00 GMT]