Human Resources

Receiving your offer of employment and your Starter Pack

If you are successful in securing employment at the University, you will receive in the first instance an offer of employment email from the University. Should you accept the offer, a contract and Starter Pack, containing the information you need prior to your start of employment, will be posted to you.

Your Starter Pack includes a number of useful Links:

Providing your details

The pack also includes forms you must complete to provide us with essential information and bring to your meeting with HR on your first day:

  • Bank Account/Tax Status
  • Emergency Contact Details
  • Pension

Health Assessment

Your offer email will include a link to an online health assessment form, which you will be asked to complete. The information will be used by the University’s Occupational Health team to confirm that you are fit for work, and if you will require any adjustments to take up the post. Should a health assessment meeting be considered necessary, you will receive an invitation from Occupational Health.

Undertaking a Disclosure and Barring check

You will have been informed in advance if your new role is subject to a Disclosure and Barring check. HR will be able to collect your details and complete the submission during your visit to HR on your first day.

Applying for a visa

You must ensure that you have the correct right to work permissions before you start at the University. You should read the University’s Guidance for non-EEA applicants working at and visiting the University to make sure you understand your duties and responsibilities when working in the UK.

Further information on visas and working in the UK is available from the UKVI website.

Claiming relocation expenses

Newly appointed academic, research and support staff on grade 7 (spine point 32) or above may be able to claim relocation expenses from the University. The discretionary scheme can provide for reimbursement of certain expenses incurred directly by an employee concerned in house removals, subject to the conditions as outlined in the University’s Relocation Policy. The scheme does not apply to part time hourly paid, casual and variable hours contracts.

Should the University agree to reimburse agreed relocation expenses, you will need to complete and submit a Personal Declaration form and a Relocation Expenses form