Economics and Finance
Dr Ali Sina Onder
- Qualifications: PhD (Econ, Vanderbilt) MA(Econ, Vanderbilt) BSc(Econ, METU)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 0239284 4277
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Economics and Finance
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I joined the University of Portsmouth in Autumn 2018. I have held postdoc and junior faculty positions in economics at Uppsala University (Sweden) and in the University of Bayreuth (Germany). I am an affiliated researcher at the Uppsala Center for Fiscal Studies and serve as an associate editor at the Economics Bulletin.
Managerial and Decision Economics, Applied Economics in particular. My teaching portfolio includes courses in network theory, public economics, statistics, and microeconomics as well.
My research covers applied microeconomics (esp. network theory applied to topics in labor economics and political economy), economics of science and innovation (esp. academic productivity and collaboration, analysis of R&D and patents, efficiency of funding), international and public economics (esp. fiscal competition, growth and trade).
I am interested in PhD thesis supervision in related topics to those mentioned above.