Economics and Finance
Dr Taha Movahedi
- Qualifications: PhD, Economics; MSc, Economics; BSc, Industrial Economics
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow in Economics
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: Dr Taha Movahedi
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Economics and Finance
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I joined the University Of Portsmouth Business School in January 2018. I studied my undergraduate degree at Allameh Tabataba’i University, Iran and moved to the Uk for my MSc degree in Economics at the University of Leicester. I received my PhD in Economics from the University of Leicester in January 2018, and my dissertation was on “Social Identity and Social Preferences”.
I have taught classes such as Mathematics for Economists, Intermediate Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and Managerial Economics. I teach Quantitative and Research Methods for Economics, Economics for Business and Issues in Business Economics.
My main research interest is in behavioural and experimental economics. I study social identity and norms and their effect on social preferences. I also work on the project with the cooperation games in the presence of group identity.