Economics and Finance
Professor Alan Collins
- Role Title: Principal Research Fellow
- Address: Home University: Nottingham Trent
- Telephone: +44 (0) 115 848 4826
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Economics and Finance
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
Alan is Head of Department of Economics and Professor of Economics and Public Policy at Nottingham Trent University.
Alan qualified as an economics teacher in secondary education and after a spell working in that role he went on to undertaken postgraduate training in transport engineering and planning. He was then employed by engingeering consultants engaged in the economic and environmental assessment of road infrastructure schemes. Alan then moved on to Strathclyde University to take up a Research Fellowship in the Economics of the Greenhouse Effect (now termed Climate Change). Following his time there he took up a Lectureship in Economics in what is now the University of Portsmouth, where he progressed to Professor and Head of Department for Economics and Finance.