Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries
- Qualifications: FHEA, PGCLTHE, BSc (Hons)
- Role Title: Associate Dean (Students); Senior Lecturer; Course Leader - MA/MSc Creative Professional Practice
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5159
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I am a Senior Lecturer in Enterprise Education, Course Leader and Faculty Employability and Enterprise Coordinator. My main research interests lie in the use of simulations (particularly games-based simulations) for the provision of authentic-learning contexts as well as in the broader field of games-based learning. I am a core member of the Games and Learning ALT-SIG. Currently I am looking at the business activities associated with the computer games industry (specifically startups/indie games studios). I am passionate about education and strive at all times to provide an excellent experience for my students. I am a proud recipient of a high commendation award from the National Centre for Graduate Entrepreneurship (NCGE) for my work on the development of authentic learning simulations using an alternate reality game framework.
- Lecturer, BSc (Hons) Computer Games Enterprise and BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology.
- Delivery of enterprise units across the Faculty – Student Enterprise and Professional Experience units.
- Faculty Employability and Enterprise Coordinator.
- Course Leader, MA/MSc Creative Professional Practice.
I have two main areas of research interest. I am a core member of the Association of Learning Technology’s Games and Learning Special Interest Group. The main focus of this research activity is broadly the use of games (or elements of) in HE learning and teaching.
I am also looking at business activities associated with computer games companies, specifically indie startup studios.