Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Dr Ann Matear
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Spanish Studies (University of Manchester); MA Latin American Studies (University of Liverpool); MSc Education & Training Management (University of Portsmouth); PhD Politics (University of Liverpool)
- Role Title: Interim Associate Dean (Academic), Principal Lecturer, Departmental Lead Athena Swan
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6088
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Ann’s teaching and research interests focus on themes relating to human rights, transitional justice, and education policy. In terms of regional specialisms, she has worked for many years on Latin America and in particular on the Southern Cone region, Chile and Argentina.
- Transitional Justice & Human Rights;
- International Development;
- Latin American History & Politics;
- Education & International Development
- Education policy and transitional justice – teaching the past in post-conflict situations.
- Education policy and national development – equitable access to secondary and higher education in Latin America.
- Gender and development