Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
ICJS runs several seminars, masterclasses and conferences, plus the Risk, Security and Counter Fraud Network programme. We hosted the British Society of Criminology Conference for the second time in 2012, the first university to be revisited so.
For more information on research events, please contact email@example.com.
Research seminars 2015-16
21/10/2015: Inside the Brazilian Prison
Dr Sacha Darke (University of Westminster)
St George's 1.08, 1:00-3:00pm
Future sessions are planned for:
- 18/11/2015, St George's 1.08, 3:00-5:00pm
- 09/12/2015, St George's 1.08, 4:00-5:30pm
- 20/01/2016, St George's 1.08, 3:00-5:00pm
- 24/02/2016, St George's 1.08, 12:00-2:00pm
- 23/03/2016, St George's 1.08, 4:00-5:30pm
- 20/04/2016, St George's 1.10, 12:00-2:00pm
- 18/05/2016, St George's 1.08, 4:00-5:30pm
- 22/06/2016, UoP Library 0.25, 1:00-3:00pm
Key Past Events
2013: Youth, Crime and Social Justice Research Cluster Research Seminar - Payment-by-results
Wednesday, November 27th
- Professor Dan Finn: 'The design and delivery of ‘payment-by-results’ and ‘black box’ contracts: the case of the UK Work Programme'
- Dennis Gough will respond to this paper, with reference to the use of ‘payments-by-results’ in the Probation service.
Read more and download materials: Payment-by-Results
2013: 1st International Conference on Missing Children and Adults: 'Working across Borders'
The Centre for the Study of Missing Persons held this seminal conference, in association with Missing People, CEOP and the UK Missing Persons Bureau.
2013: Counter Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference 2013
Held by the Centre for Counter Fraud Studies and the Department of Accounting and Finance, with support from OhHi and RSA.
2012: British Criminological Society conference
ICJS was pleased to host the 2012 British Society of Criminology Conference, featuring keynote speakers Katja Franko Aas, David Garland, Roger Hood and Sharon Shalev.