Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Dr Annie Kirby
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) American Studies (Swansea), MA Creative Writing (UEA), PhD American Studies (Swansea)
- Role Title: Research Associate, Cybercrime Clinic
- Address: St George’s Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth, PO1 2HY
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 3062
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
After completing her PhD on the ethics of studying Native American film and literature in non-Native contexts, Annie joined the police service, initially as a trainer of student police officers and PCSOs for Dorset Police and latterly as a policy writer, project manager and business development officer for the Association of Chief Police Officers. Among other projects, Annie managed the European Commission funded Mutual Understanding of Criminal Records Information (MUCRI) research project and authored the international law enforcement guidance document for the Serious Offending by Mobile European Criminals (SOMEC) project.
Annie is currently a research associate for the Cybercrime Awareness Clinic Project.
- Cybercrime awareness