Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Mr Gordon Scruton
- Role Title: Learning Development Tutor
- Address: St George's Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Telephone: 023 9284 5743
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I have been at the University of Portsmouth for two years now, where I did my M.A. in Applied Linguistics & TESOL. I have taught in Portsmouth for five years, teaching on courses to help students prepare for the demands of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral study.
My role as Learning Support Tutor is to help students develop the skills needed to achieve academically at ICJS. This can mean supporting them in academic writing or helping to make the most of the feedback from lecturers. I help to develop students' presentation skills for talks, seminars or poster presentations, and I am also on hand to talk through issues of critical analysis and time management as well as making sure students pay attention to the details, like referencing and citations.