Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Ms Aliesha Tyler
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Criminology and Forensic Studies (1st Class Honours) at The University of Portsmouth
- Role Title: Forensic Technician
- Address: Ravelin House, Ravelin Park, Portsmouth, PO1 2QQ
- Telephone: 023 9284 3902
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I have recently joined The University of Portsmouth as a member of the Criminology and Forensics Team as a Forensic Technician. Previously to this I was a student at The University of Portsmouth studying Criminology and Forensic Studies, in which I graduated in 2015 with First Class Honours. Whilst undertaking my degree I studied many subject areas such as Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Entomology, Cybercrime and Offender Profiling. The degree furthered my interest in Forensic Studies and I am currently interested in undertaking an MSc or MRes course within the Forensic Studies area.
As part of my job I manage the forensic facilities at Hampshire Terrace and ‘The Stables’ which is our research development Hub. This is the location of various specialist equipment such as document examination recovery tools, light sources, (including infrared and laser) fume cabinets, specialist powders, through to Volume Metal Deposition, Microscopy and GLscan technology.
Further to this I will be supporting the students and colleagues with research opportunities. As well as this I will be working with my team to provide practical support to many different areas such as PHD and Masters Research, Crime Scene Investigation teaching, Fundamentals of Forensic Science teaching, and Forensic Photography.
- Crime Scene investigation
- New equipment research
- Fingerprints in adverse conditions
- Forensic investigation of technology
- 3D scanning technology for Forensic Investigation