Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Ms Anne Rees
- Qualifications: PG Cert in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Master in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work, BA Combined Hons Sociology and Psychology
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer in Community Justice
- Address: c/o St Georges Building, 141 High St, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Telephone: 023 9284 3984
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I have been in my current post as Senior Lecturer for 10 years now. I have a lengthy and varied career in both the Probation Service and in the field of teaching within Higher Education. During my career in the Probation Service, I held a range of positions including Community Service Officer, Probation Officer, Acting Senior and Practice Development Officer. From this I was able to develop the role as lead trainer in the roll out of OASys and Enhanced Community Punishment training to the Merseyside Probation Area. During the latter part of my involvement with NPS Merseyside I simultaneously worked part time at the University of Liverpool on the Community Justice BA Hons programme. Following this change of career I joined the University of Portsmouth and have been in my current post for 10 years.
I was initially involved in the delivery of the distance learning Community Justice BA Hons Programme in the North West region and following the retendering bid, I am part of the Probation team which has developed the new Probation Qualification Framework (PQF) and I have responsibility for the North East region. I have a diverse range of responsibilities from developing & delivering workshops, lectures, tutorials, marking and attending regional development meetings. My Specific areas of interest include Dangerousness, Risk, Drug Misuse, Women in the CJS and Mental Health.
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Career development
- Risk assessment
- Multi-agency working