Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Ms Katie Jetten
- Role Title: Lecturer in Forensic Studies
- Address: St George's Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Katie is a Lecturer in Forensic Studies within the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies (ICJS). Following the completion of her BSc (Hons) in Forensic Biology at the University of Portsmouth, she began her career as a DNA analyst within the commercial sector, later moving into a more senior role.
Whilst working within the DNA industry, Katie developed an interest in the interactions between forensic service providers and their users, returning to the University of Portsmouth to undertake her PhD, which she is now working towards alongside her teaching and research responsibilities. Titled ‘A Contextual Inquiry Approach to the Optimisation of DNA Service Delivery’, her research aims to map the process of DNA evidence from crime scene to court, engaging with practitioners from the Police, Forensic Service Providers, the CPS and third party organisations.
Key research areas include:
- DNA processing and body fluid identification
- DNA technologies in frontline practice
- Human Factors