Marketing and Sales
Dr Padmali Gawri Kumari Rodrigo
- Qualifications: PhD Marketing (U.K), Msc (Distinction) (U.K), BA (Hons) First class (U.K), ACIM, Professional Diploma in Marketing CIM (UK)
- Role Title: Research Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 9284 4199
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Marketing and Sales
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
My PhD research was focused on an investigation of country of origin (COO) effects on elite Sri Lankan consumers purchase decisions of hedonic versus utilitarian products. I also hold a MSc degree in Business with Marketing Management with a Distinction and a BA (Hons) degree, with a First Class Honours in International Business Management.
I am an associate member (ACIM) of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and hold a professional diploma in marketing from the CIM. Prior to joining Portsmouth Business School, I was a doctoral researcher, an associate lecturer and a researcher at Northumbria University.
I am competent in designing and conducting mixed methods research and competent analysing data using both qualitative and quantitative techniques. More particularly, I am competent in analysing quantitative data using a variety of multivariate analytical techniques using statistical software such as SPSS and AMOS. I also possess a good working knowledge of analysing textual and media based qualitative data using NVIVO.
I have presented both qualitative and quantitative research at national and international conferences held within UK, Sweden, Greece, USA, Porto Rico and Canada.
- Country of Origin (COO) effects on consumer purchase decisions
- Consumer psychology
- Developing and testing conceptual frameworks to investigate consumer attitudes, purchase intentions in different product, service and consumer contexts
- Application of Means–End-Chain (MEC) theory and use of laddering technique to gain rich insights into consumer cognitive structures associated with the decision making process
- SME development and Internationalisation in emerging markets
- Service offshoring
- Structural equation modelling and other multivariate data analysis techniques