Marketing and Sales
Mrs Karen Middleton
- Qualifications: MSc Distinction, BA (Hons).
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 9284 4298
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Marketing and Sales
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
My main field of study covers gender issues in advertising, but I have also worked on pedagogical research on the use of live client projects in higher education. My work includes research questions such as:
- Why are there so few women working in creative roles in advertising?
- What are the cultural and socio-economic impacts on the portrayal of women in advertising?
- Does sex still sell?
- How do individual differences influence audiences’ self-evaluation processes when exposed to idealised body images in advertising?
I currently teach in the areas of Advertising and PR, and International Business.
- Fletcher-Brown, J., Knibbs, K., & Middleton, K. (2015). Developing “employagility”: the 3Es case for live-client learning. Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning, 5(2), 181-195.
- Turnbull, S., Howe-Walsh, L., Middleton, K., & Rodrigo, P. Advertising Women: A Creative Challenge. CIPD HR Bulletin, Volume 10, Issue 1, 2016