Operations and Systems Management
Professor Alessio Ishizaka
- Qualifications: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy; PhD in Business Information Systems, University of Basel; Top Up degree in Business, University of Basel; Masters in Electronic-Physics, University of Neuchâtel
- Role Title: Professor in Decision Analysis, Deputy Director of CORL
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844171
- Email: Alessio.Ishizaka@port.ac.uk
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I hold a PhD in Information Systems (University of Basel), a degree in Business (University of Basel) and a master degree in Electronic-Physics (University of Neuchâtel). Before joining the University of Portsmouth, worked at the University of Neuchâtel, the University of Basel, Dynasystem AG, the University of Exeter, Audencia Grande Ecole de Commerce and the University of York. I have been a visiting professor at the Univeristät Mannheim, Università degli Studi di Moden e Reggio Emilia, University of Aix-Marseille, Università degli Studi della Tuscia, Università degli Studi di Torino, Università degli Studi di Padova and Universität der Bundeswehr Hamburg.
I am Deputy Director of the Centre for Operational Research and Logistics (CORL).
My teaching experience was gained in several universities across 5 countries. I developed various undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), MBA courses in German, French, Italian and English languages. Specialities are Operations Management, Decision Analysis, Outsourcing, Risk analysis, Supply Chain Management, Project Management and Operations Research.
- Decision making with data: - Data Mining - Expert Systems - Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)
- Decision making without data: - MultiCriteria Decision Making (AHP, ELECTRE, PROMETHEE, MACBETH) - Delphi Technique - Conjoint Analysis
- Supply Chain Management: Supplier Selection – Supplier/Client Relationship – Risk
- Management – Outsourcing
- Innovation Management
If you are interested to pursue a Ph.D. study in my research area, do not hesitate to contact me.