Operations and Systems Management
Dr Simona Panaro
- Qualifications: PhD
- Role Title: Senior Research Associate
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844048
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I have worked as a senior research associate at the University of Portsmouth from January 2018 for the Horizon 2020 EU research project “CLIC - Circular models Leveraging Investments in Cultural heritage adaptive reuse”.
I hold a PhD in “Evaluation Methods for the Integrated Conservation, Recovery, Maintenance and Management of Architectural, Urban and Environmental Heritage” from the University of Naples “Federico II” (Italy). My education also includes a Master’s Degree (MSc) in Architecture and a Postgraduate course in “Territorial Information Systems for the Management of Urban and Complex Systems” from the University of Naples “Federico II” (Italy).
I have worked on research and scientific cooperation projects concerning the enhancement of local cultural and environmental heritage. In particular, I have dealt with assessments for sustainable development through multi-criteria, multi group and spatial analysis.
I had the opportunity to conduct research on some UNESCO sites (Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata, Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park, Historic Centre of Naples) and to carry out collaborative decision-making processes in the areas of cultural heritage.
My present research concerns governance models, decision support systems, the circular financing and business models for the adaptive reuse of cultural heritage.
I took part in the following projects for the University of Naples Federico II (Italy):
- Project “Social Network of Historical District Entity - SNECS”, Department of Architecture DiARC, PON03PE_00163_1 (from June 2016 to October 2016);
- Project “The safeguard of Landscape between preservation and transformation. Beauty and economy for sustainable development”, Department of Architecture DiARC, PRIN 2010/2011 (from February 2013 to January 2016);
- Project “Smart Energy Master for an energetic territorial governance”- Department of Engineering DICEA, PON 4a2_E/14 (from September 2015 to October 2015);
- Project “Cilento Landscape. An integrated model for the activation of a Living Lab in the Cilento, Vallo di Diano and Alburni National Park”, Department of Architecture, Faro program (from October 2012 to December 2014).
For the Municipality of Naples (Italy):
- I have designed and coordinated the Project “GardeNet. A Network of Shared Gardens”, within the program of the National Association of Italian City Councils “MeetYoungCity” (from September 2016 to November 2017);
- I have designed the Project “GreeNeetWork”, within the program of the National Association of Italian City Councils “ReStart” (approved).