Operations and Systems Management
Dr Sina Firouzy
- Qualifications: PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Leeds, 2018
- Role Title: Research Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844794
- Email: sina email@example.com
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I am a mechanical engineering and research fellow at the University of Portsmouth. My main research interest lies in the field of Robotics, which includes dynamic modelling and simulation, design (system level design, design parameter optimisation, and detail design), and control.
Before joining Portsmouth University, I was a post doctoral researcher in the School of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Leeds, where I also got my MSc and PhD in Mechanical Engineering. I also worked in the industry in the UK as an instrumentation engineer, between my MSc and PhD courses.
- Modelling, simulation and path optimisation for a robotic surgical system (current project at Portsmouth University).
- A novel design and adaptive control a motorised orthosis for the “foot-drop” condition (post doctoral research project at Leeds University)
- Optimal design of the actuation system for a robotic exoskeleton (PhD project at Leeds University)
- Sensor-less control of a rehabilitation robot (MSc by research, Leeds University)