Operations and Systems Management
Professor Michael Kaye
- Qualifications: MScSocial Statistics university of Southampton 1979 BScMathematics and Statistics Uni versity of Bradford 1970 FIS Fellow of the Institute of Statisticians 1979 FIMA Fellow of Institute of Mathematics and it's Applications 1993 C.Math Charted Mathematician 1993 C.Stat Charted Statistician
- Role Title: Emeritus Professor
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO13DE
- Telephone: 02392844060
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Currently Emeritus Professor of Operations and Quality Management.
I have authored and co-authored over 70 publications (articles and refereed papers) in the areas of statistical process control design of experiments, and strategic quality management in international journals including the International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, the International Journal of Production Research, Quality World and Higher Education Review.
My wide range of consultancy assignments includes projects with AWE IBM, Motorola and the Lord Chancellors Department (now the Department of Constitutional Affairs). These have informed my teaching and research particularly in regard to SQM.
I played a major part in raising the profile of Portsmouth Business School by supervising and examining PhD projects both within the university and other institutions, both home and abroad and by initiating, transforming and leading CERI (Centre of Enterprise Research and Innovation) from a small research unit to become a centre of excellence recognised by the IQA (now the CQI).
Additionally I secured over 850000 pounds in research funding on industry projects including Teaching Company Schemes, contracts with IBM and contracts with organisations in Singapore and Malaysia
My current research interests relate to the changing role of the Quality Professional in a rapidly changing digital complex global environment.