Operations and Systems Management
- Qualifications: 2016 University of Winchester Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration 2008 Cardiff University MSc in Lean Operations (Services) 2006 Open University MEd (Supporting Lifelong Learning) 2003 Open University MBA 2000 Open University BSc(Hons) FIET, Chartered MCIPD, MCMI.
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer, Course Leader - Degree Apprenticeships Distance Learning
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 7009
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
Having gained operational experience within a variety of engineering, project management and teaching roles for the Royal Navy, receiving various MoD, Royal Navy and BAe Systems Awards for Innovation and Efficiency, Nigel is now an independent consultant and trainer who has the privilege of working alongside clients from all sectors developing and implementing Change and Continuous Improvement Management and Business Growth through coaching, consultancy and training interventions. With a focus on Consultancy, Change Management, Management & Leadership, Lean-Six Sigma, Project Management and Systems Thinking the interactive and practical training is reinforced by sound theory.
Coming to the academic world later in life Nigel has completed a MBA, MEd, MSc (Service Lean Operations) as part of his own personal development linking both practice to theory. Nigel has published a number of conference papers presented at the British Academy of Management (BAM), EuROMA Conference: Managing Operations in Service Economies and is author of various Engineering Articles in the Review of Naval Engineering.
Course Leader Distance Learning Degree Apprenticeships
Unit Coordinator Leading & Managing Change (CMDA)
Communities of Practice