Operations and Systems Management
Dr Salem Chakhar
- Role Title: Research Fellow
- Address: Portland Building (room PO3.48), Portland Street, Portsmouth,PO1 3AH.
- Telephone: 023 9284 4622
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I joined the Portsmouth Business School in August 2013 as a Research Fellow in the Operations & Systems Management subject group. I have a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Paris-Dauphine (Paris, France), an MPhil degree in Computer Science and Modelling from the High School of Management of Tunis (Tunis, Tunisia), and a degree in Computer Science from the Faculty of Economics and Management, University of Sfax (Sfax, Tunisia).
Before joining the Portsmouth Business School, I worked at the Centre for Research in Regional Planning and Development, University Laval (Québec, QC, Canada), the University of Paris-Dauphine (Paris, France), the High School of Economic and Commercial Sciences (University of Tunis, Tunisia), the Institute of Higher Commercial Studies (University of Carthage, Tunisia), and Regional Institute in Computer Sciences and Telecommunications (Tunis, Tunisia). I also worked as an analyst and developer in computer science with IF and COFAT companies (Tunis, Tunisia).
I am a member of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) commission on geospatial analysis and modelling.
I have taught database and information systems, Internet and web service, multicriteria decision making, operation research, algorithmic theory, data structures and algorithms, graph theory, and programming.
My present research interests include multicriteria analysis, group decision making, decision support systems, geographical information science and systems, spatial modelling and analysis, database and information systems, Web services, fuzzy theory and applications, and knowledge management.
I have participated in the following projects:
- Project "Climatic changes and urban system transformation: Enhancing the resilience of the Québec Metropolitan Community", Centre for Research in Regional Planning and Development, Graduate School of Spatial Planning and Regional Development, University Laval, Québec (QC), Canada. [from 07.2011 to 12.2012]
- Project "Conservation of urban cool islands", Teaching and Forestry Research Centre of Sainte-Foy Inc., Québec (QC), Canada. [from 07.2011 to 12.2012]
- Project "Tools to assess biological invasion risks in climate changes contexts", Centre for Research in Regional Planning and Development, Graduate School of Spatial Planning and Regional Development, University of Laval, Québec (QC), Canada. [from 07.2011 to 08.2012]
- Project "Research Project on radioecology sensibility Indicators and Multicriteria methods applied to the Environment of an industrial territory", Institute for Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety, Saint-Paul-Lez-Durance Cadarache, France. [from 11.2007 to 06.2009]
- Project "D2-Decision Deck", LAMSADE, University Paris-Dauphine, Paris, France. [2008-2009]
- Project "Multicriteria decision: Concepts, Methods and Applications", LAMSADE, University Paris-Dauphine, Paris, France; and Portuguese Research Centre in Engineering Management and Management Science (CEG-IST), Portugal. [2007-2008]