Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
Dr Yi-Ling Lai (CPsychol)
- Qualifications: PhD Occupational Psychology, University of Surrey (Oct 2010 – Jan 2015) MA HRD and Consulting, Lancaster University (Sep 2009 – Sep 2010) Graduate Membership of Charted Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), U.K. (2005)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844198
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I joined University of Portsmouth as a Lecturer in Organisation Studies & Human Resource Management in January 2016. I completed my PhD in Occupational Psychology in University of Surrey and MA in HRD and Consulting in Lancaster University before my appointment in the University of Portsmouth. I also qualified as the Chartered Psychologist (CPyschol) by British Psychological Society (BPS). Prior to my PhD study, I had several years’ working experience in talent management and leadership development in a global management consulting firm.
My teaching activities mainly focus on the development of evidence-based management and practice in the organisation, such as organisational behaviours, work and coaching psychology.
My research areas essentially include the application of psychological approaches in HR and talent management related fields; particularly to investigate the effectiveness of psychological coaching approaches on motivational and behavioural changes. In addition, I am interested in the application of Social Identity Theory into coaching and leadership development activities.
- Committee of the Special Group of Coaching Psychology (SGCP), BPS.
- Fellow of the Centre for Evidence Based Management (https://www.cebma.org/about-cebma/our-team/)
- Graduate member of CIPD
- Member of the Association for Business Psychology
Current PhD/DBA Supervision: