Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
Dr Cheryl Brook
- Qualifications: Qualifications: Chartered MCIPD, BA (Hons) MSc, PhD, FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844664
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
My academic career was preceded by a number of years working as a senior manager and trainer, having worked in the NHS, the third sector and for an independent consultancy prior to moving into higher education. My particular area of interest is learning and development in organisations. I completed a PhD in management learning at the University of Lancaster in August 2010. My thesis was concerned with the practice and development of action learning in the NHS. I am on the editorial board of the journal Action Learning: Research and Practice.
My teaching within the Faculty focuses on human resource development and training, work based learning, research methods and developing people for business.
My current research interests include action learning in practice, human resource development and learning and development in the workplace.