Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
Dr Steve Williams
- Qualifications: BA, GradDip., PhD
- Role Title: Reader in Employment Relations
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844033
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am a Reader in Employment Relations. I completed my PhD at the University of Sunderland, followed by a position as a research fellow at the Open University. I have been at Portsmouth since 1999, and in addition to a series of books, I have published articles about: workplace partnership; vocational qualifications policy; the effects of the National Minimum Wage; employment relations in further education colleges; information and consultation arrangements; trade unionism; and civil regulation in work and employment relations.
I teach employment relations, comparative employment relations, human resource management and international human resource management on undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
My current research interests include the worker representation activities of civil society organisations, the role of civil regulation in employment relations, global labour conflict and the work and the employment relations policies of the UK's coalition government.