Portsmouth School of Architecture
Innovation through Architectural Design
Summer School 2017
Why take part in this Summer School?
This Summer School is open to participants from all over the world. It is for applicants who are over the age of 18 with an interest in gaining 'real life' architectural and/or interior design practice experience; existing architecture or interior design students who are considering a change of school, those who are new to architecture and/or interior design, recent leavers from colleges and sixth form schools and those contemplating a career change.
- Gain an insight into being an architect and/or interior designer, develop new design skills and your technical ability
- Experience studying in a leading School of Architecture on the South coast of the UK, preparing you for architectural and/or interior design education in the UK
- Share ideas and skills with students from around the world
- Boost your career prospects by working for a real client in a practice environment
- Learn how to utilise straw bale and other sustainable materials using modular building techniques.
- Work on a live project with a focus on social engagement and innovative green agenda.
- Collaborate with a local collective of artists, makers and innovative business partners.
- Get hands-on experience using cutting edge facilities in custom built studios and workshops
- Spend time in one of the UKs top summer destinations and undertake a field trip to London
- Receive a transcript of course completion
What is included in the Summer School fee?
- Accommodation in University Halls of Residence
- All meals Monday to Friday with breakfast only on the weekend
- Training for use of technical equipment for any fabrication necessary
- All materials (including large format printing for final exhibition)
- Day field trip to London
- Local transport for site visits
Please note we are unable to provide flights or visas. You will be responsible for ensuring that these arrangements are made before the course starts.
The fine print
- This course is taught in English and a good understanding of the English language is essential to fully participate in the course. We cannot offer refunds if you are unable to participate fully because of language barriers.
- You should ensure that you research all visa requirements with the embassy in your country prior to booking this course and ensure you are able to meet any requirements.
|Portsmouth Architecture Summer School 2017 Official Flyer||PDF, 681KB|