Portsmouth School of Architecture
- Qualifications: ARB, PG Cert LTHE, Dip. Arch, BA(Hons) Arch
- Role Title: Head of School
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 2086
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Portsmouth School of Architecture
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I joined the School of Architecture in 2005, after running a regional practice for 25 years, and became Head of School in 2012. My teaching specialism lies within professional practice, and I have contributed nationally to the debate on the role of Professional Experience in Education. I have taught in design studio at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, focusing on methodology in design. As course leader for the ARB/RIBA Part 3 course for 6 years, I developed scenario based and peer group learning, and I currently contribute lectures to both M Arch and Part 3 courses. Practice expertise relates to social housing and listed buildings, with the completion of several sensitive conversion projects. I have run national workshops for the RIBA in professional practice, and examine on several Part 3 courses, in the UK and internationally.
- Lecturer, Techne (professional practice and management), Master of Architecture
- Lecturer, Final Examination in Professional Practice Architecture (Part 3)
Research activities relate to investigating the process of oral examination, Scenario based learning of Contract and Practice Management, and pedagogic studies of learning through group work.