Portsmouth School of Architecture
- Qualifications: MA Design Management
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6043
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Portsmouth School of Architecture
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I have many years experience in environmental design and have extensive knowledge of the built environment, particularly in Retail, Brand and Experience design and have created many award winning projects such as NikeTown, London and the first UK Fritz Hansen Republic Store in London.
My early practice allowed me to explore a wide range of project types and scales from furniture through to large scale commercial interiors. For over 12 years I was a design director with BDP, where I developed the retail portfolio through extensive overseas experience and client relationships. In addition to this I spent two years working in South East Asia.
My teaching practice is informed through my practice and professional knowledge, experience and industry networks and is supported and informs my research interests.
- Tutor, BA (Hons) Interior Design
- Unit coordinator, 260 Interior Technology and Materials, 153 Interior Design Application
- Studio tutor, BA1 and BA2
- Tutor, MSc Creative Professional Practice
- Staff representative, PASS (Portsmouth Architecture School Society) PASS Online
My research interests revolve around the idea of design thinking as a key activity, with the user at its focus and in particular how this can be applied in the interior and service delivery environment.