Portsmouth Global PhD Scholarships for international Students
Please note our funding opportunities for this round have now closed. Please follow our webpages via the links below for further updates and opportunities.
We’re offering high-quality international students scholarships and bursaries to contribute to our world-class research.
The following scholarships and bursaries are available:
- One full scholarship, which includes course fees, stipend (living expenses) and one return flight to London during the duration of the course
- Two full-fee bursaries include full payment of the international tuition fee for the duration of the course
- Two half-fee bursaries which include 50% payment of the international tuition fee for the duration of the course
Each scholarship or bursary lasts for the duration of the course (terms and conditions apply).
We welcome applications for specific pre-approved projects in the following research areas:
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Architecture, Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical, Biomolecular and Pharmacy
- Business and Management
- Computing and Creative Technologies
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Education, Childhood and Youth Studies
- Film, Media and Performing Arts
- Health Sciences and Social Work
- History, Sociology and Politics
- Sports and Exercise Science
With a thriving research community of more than 800 research students, there isn’t a better time to join one the top universities in the UK for postgraduate research student satisfaction – we achieved 86% overall satisfaction according to PRES 2017.
We are also offering bursaries for Home/ EU students. Please see Bursaries for UK and EU students for more information.
How to apply
- Select a subject area above where you will find potential project areas and entry criteria – projects open to international (non-EU) applicants will be clearly indicated
- Apply online using our application form – please quote the relevant project code in your application form
The deadline to apply for these studentships for October 2018 entry is Sunday 11 February 2018 (midnight).
To apply online, you'll need to create an account. This gives you the flexibility to save the form, log out and return to it at any time convenient to you.
There's more information on how to apply on our applying postgraduate page.