School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Dr Mohammed Ali
- Qualifications: BSc(Hons) MSc(Eng) PhD PgCert CEng MCIWEM FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2390
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying, and Course Leader for the MEng and BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering. I am also a Chartered Civil Engineer having previously spent more than eight years in the UK Civil Engineering industry working as an engineer and project manager on various projects here in the UK and overseas.
I have more than ten years’ experience of teaching civil engineering, fluid mechanics and hydraulics at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and of supervising and tutoring of students.
I have research experience in the design and control of water distribution networks. I have a particular interest in incorporating engineering knowledge into optimisation techniques for water distribution networks design, control and related engineering applications.
Other research interests include asset management for water companies, leakage reduction and water quality in distribution systems.
I am a Course Leader for the undergraduate Civil Engineering programmes.
I am a Lecturer at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. I teach the following units:
- Water and Environmental Engineering
- Water Infrastructure
- Engineering Mathematics
My current research focus is on:
- Design and control of water distribution networks
- Optimisation of water distribution networks using Genetic Algorithms
- Water networks asset management
- Water demand analysis and leakage control