School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Dr Pasquale Ponterosso
- Qualifications: BEng MSc DIC PhD CEng MICE FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2932
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
On leaving the British army, I worked in Africa and the Mediterranean as an oilfield technical services field engineer. After this, I worked as a coastal defence engineer for a local authority and in 2003, I became a Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) while working for Halcrow (now CH2M) as a bridge engineer (analysis, design, remediation, contract supervision, etc.). I came to Portsmouth having recently finished a two-year research position at Cambridge University's Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction (CSIC), which involved the smart sensing of various major contracts such as Thames Tideway, London Power Tunnels, Crossrail and the James Dyson Laboratory in Cambridge itself.
Building Information Modelling (BIM), environmental and structural remote sensing, the optimisation of engineering design and construction processes via evolutionary computation.